News and interesting tidbits

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Australia Day Party - What the?


Was quietly watching "So you think you can dance" and saw this commercial by some guy called Sam Kekovich from "Australia Day Party".

All that went through my mind was "What the?????"
Then whilst channel surfing , found that the other 2 major channels ALSO had the same commercial on at the same time!

So checked out the site....

According to his blog:

"If my Address to the Nation wasn't the most exciting three minutes you've ever spent with your clothes on, there's something wrong with you. Modesty would normally preclude me from singing my own praises, but in this instance, I'm prepared to make an exception: that was bloody fantastic.

There's nothing like watching a big, boofy Aussie bloke dishing it out to the Yanks, the Poms, the pollies, the terrorists, the tree huggers and the lentil-eaters ­ especially when that Aussie bloke is as handsome and eloquent as yours truly.

My brilliance was suitably complemented by the lamb sanger (white bread of course) and cold beer I enjoyed while watching the address. I tell you what,that combination is a stroke of culinary genius. I'm just hoping that the campaign helps stick it up people like Paris Hilton, who are perpetrating acts of unAustralianism. Fancy using a blonde Yank to front an Aussie beer. And I wouldn't mind if it gave those over-superannuated mud-slingers down in Canberra a bit of a shake up as well.

You know it makes sense. I'm Sam Kekovich."


Still going "What the????"
Its kinda like a joke, but not very funny and kinda weird.
Check it out for yourself and tell me what you think!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home